BUILD YOUR OWN SICU
Here below you can find all the information you need to construct your own SICU prototype. If you make use of the content, please reference the SICU project and please communicate back to us your experiences and adaptations, so that we can post or link to them here. Award winning SICU (Sustainable Incremental Construction Unit) is a collaborative experiment and a prototypical attempt at an answer to the urgent housing situation in rapidly growing African cities. We hope to learn from your further iterations!
- SICU Project Description (PDF, 5MB)
- SICU technical report (PDF, 4MB)
- SICU+, variants & aggregation (PDF, 2MB)
- SICU selected drawings (PDF, 7MB) version 2015-01-08
- SICU drawings, details as built (PDF, 1MB) version 2013-10-16
- SICU Details - editable CAD files (.dwg, 8MB) version 2013-10-16
- SICU as built - editable rewit model (.rwt, 90MB) version 2013-10-28
- selected photos from the construction of SICU in an informal settlement of Addis Ababa, September 2013 (ZIP, 91MB)
Sustainable Incremental Construction Unit (SICU) by SICU project team is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
To learn more about the process behind creating SICU, visit our SICU project documentation and the SICU page on the EiABC website and please contact project initiator & coordinator, Prof. Dr. Dirk Donath from Bauhaus Universität Weimar, here. You also find SICU on appropedia.org